S3Edge was founded in 2008 and is located in Portland, Oregon. We have an experienced team of senior system architects and software developers with a proven track record of delivering enterprise software products at organizations including Intel, Sequent, Webridge, and Click-commerce/Huron. Passionate about the promise of Auto-ID technology to change the way businesses interact with the physical world, S3Edge prides itself in being an industry leader in successfully deploying turn-key, mission-critical RFID and auto-ID solutions that track the movement of items within and across organizations.
S3Edge is a one-stop source for your RFID and barcode process automation needs.
Products and services offered
The products and services available from S3Edge include:
- Consulting services
- Supply chain business process engineering
- Information system architecture and design
- Package Software
- S3Edge Spotlight Software – a framework for developing RFID and auto-ID tracking systems
- “Starter” solution for selected industries
- Professional Services
- Installation, integration and deployment services (training, documentation, etc.)
- Customization and configuration services for customer-specific business logic including linkage to existing back-end systems
- Ongoing Annual Support
- Telephone hotline
- Bug fixes, service packs, and feature releases for the packaged software
- Optional RFID hardware, tags, scanners and mobile devices from leading manufacturers
- Fixed, handheld, and vehicle mount readers and scanners
- RFID tags and supplies
- Optional Hosting Services
- For cloud-based deployments
An engagement with S3Edge starts with an initial phone call or email. We’ll follow up with a web conference call or face-to-face meeting to discuss the key business objectives for the system and provide recommendations for the approach to be taken.
S3Edge will then develop and present a draft statement of work that includes:
- recommendations for technology and hardware devices to be used (readers and scanners, tags, mobile devices, etc.)
- the proposed solution architecture
- a draft project timeline with key milestones and deliverables
- an estimate of the total project cost including software licenses, professional services, hardware devices and tags and ongoing annual support
Once finalizes, the statement of work provides the basis for a set of business agreements that are put in place before proceeding with the project kickoff.